Thursday, February 02, 2006

 

Edfu and Kom Ombo



We sailed through the night and the morning on our way to Aswan. Two stops en-route provided some more temple hopping opportunities. Now by this point in the trip, the tummy bug that had begun to claim multiple casualties on board had finally reached me and wandering round a temple was close to the last thing I wanted to do. Unfortunately Edfu was also pretty high on my list of places I wanted to see (having a hypostyle hall with intact roof) and so illness or not, we were soon in a bus for the short journey to the temple complex.



Edfu didn't disappoint and was a glorious site.



After Edfu, some more sailing down the nile watching the world go by. I was feeling distinctly not at my best and had to be encouraged to venture forth to see Kom Ombo - which I really only did because it was right by the shore and therefore but a short walk from the boat.




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?